BENEFIT Partnership collaboration with ATA
Recognizing the importance of collaboration for synergy, BENEFIT Partnership and ATA have been engaged in discussion to identify niche areas of collaboration and to formalize the relationship through MoU. Accordingly, MoU was signed in August, 2017 between the two parties by Ato Dereje Biruk, Senior Director on behalf of CEO, ATA and Dr Dawit Alemu, BENEFIT Manager, representing BENEFIT Partnership. The key contents of the MoU are the following:
Niche areas of collaboration:
- Inputs and Crop Protection,
- Soil fertility management,
- Sesame sector development, and
- Organization of joint events (seminars and workshops) for information sharing and policy engagement.
- Organization of regular joint review meetings at ATA and BENEFIT management level and
- Quarterly action plan development, and
- Assigning of specific individuals from both BENEFIT and ATA side for each of the identified collaboration areas
The MoU will be effective until Dec 2019 with the possibility of amendment each year based on the joint consent.